How To Enter
The Global Flexo Innovation Awards 2020/21 is now closed for entries.
The independent judging panel met in July 2021 to decide the winners of the Global Flexo Innovation Award 2020/21.
The winning entrants were announced in October 2021. Find out who was selected as a winning leader in flexo.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the awards. Every entrant demonstrated a commitment to innovation and development in flexo. We look forward to opening up the opportunity to showcase the transformative work taking place across the flexo community again in the future.
The highest levels of print quality are an expectation for all entries, which are all judged side by side, with no separate sections for different formats.
Judges conduct an initial screening based on degree of difficulty and execution (relevant to the print format type) and then consider innovation excellence based on the following categories:
|Use of creative graphic design||Print production workflow efficiency|
|Conversion from some other print processes||Commitment to sustainable print|
Winners and awards
Three award levels based on demonstrating innovation excellence in two or more of the above categories:
|2 = Silver||3 = Gold||4 = Platinum|
All winning entries will receive
- an independent award to help promote the quality of the entrant’s work.
- the chance to make valuable contacts and build relationships across the flexo community; winning entrants have broadened their business networks with new connections after taking part in the last awards.
- valuable publicity through Miraclon communications.
Winners with the highest honors will also
- be featured in specific global communications activities and campaigns; previous winners have made the front page in industry news.
- have ongoing opportunities for peer-to-peer support and networking after the awards have finished, including chances to discuss their work with the cross-industry judging panel.
- receive invitations to exclusive events.
Read the latest insights from the awards judges
Eligibility for the award
Any prepress provider, printer or brand (team entries are encouraged) can enter.
Entry must be a flexo printed commercial packaging project (all formats considered) printed using KODAK FLEXCEL NX Plates (no self-promotional projects).
See the full eligibility criteria below.
Key dates for the awards are all available on this website. You can also keep up to date on the awards by signing-up to our regular flexo community email, The Plate, by joining our community on LinkedIn and by following the awards on Twitter.
- Entries must be commercial packaging projects – available in stores prior to the submission deadline – printed using KODAK FLEXCEL NX Plates.
- Maximum three entries per company (or team).
- There is no entry fee. Entrants are responsible for all other costs associated with their submission.
- Entries must include physical samples – shipping address will be provided upon registration.
- Sample requirements
- For all entries: (at least three repeats (or sheets) – full web width).
- For consideration in ‘Use of graphic design’ a final product package is required.
- For ‘Conversion from other print processes’, ‘before and after’ samples are encouraged.
- All entries must be received in full by the closing date on the entry forms.
- Judges decisions are final.
- By making submissions, entrants represent and warrant that they have all necessary rights or permissions to make the submission, including, but not limited to, from related brand owners or copyright holders, and to grant Miraclon and its affiliates the right to use submissions in promoting the current or future Global Flexo Innovation Awards or the winners of the program.
- By making a submission, entrants grant Miraclon the right to use any materials or information provided with a submission to promote Miraclon’s flexographic printing products, the current or future Global Flexo Innovation Awards or the winners of the program.
- Submission, including samples, will not be returned.
- Entrant(s) agree that Miraclon or its affiliates may contact an entrant concerning the Global Flexo Innovation Awards at the contact information provided by entrant.