Our Commitment to Privacy
At Miraclon Corporation (343 State Street, Rochester, NY 14650, USA, “Miraclon”), we are committed to protecting your privacy. Our pledge is to safeguard any personal information that you provide us and to make every reasonable effort to use this information only as you choose. Miraclon is committed to using your personal information appropriately and making Miraclon’s internet presence a safe and secure place for you to transact online.
Information for European (EEA) Residents
If you are located in the European Economic Area, please refer to our supplemental privacy notice for additional information required by the EU General Data Production Regulation.
Scope of This Notice
This Online Privacy Notice applies to Miraclon websites, applications, blogs and other digital offerings. The goal of this Online Privacy Notice is to inform you of the choices you have about the way the information collected is used. It also applies to consumer digital registration cards. For information about other offline data collections, use the contact information noted below.
- If you provide your personal information on miraclon.com or one of our mobile apps and you indicate your residence is outside the U.S., or if you choose your location using the miraclon.com change country link, you may be offered a privacy notice that is specific to your country of residence.
- On our co-branded sites (such as those sites where Miraclon has presented content together with one of our retail partners), a privacy notice unique to that site may be presented.
- Private sites (such as those only available to dealers and distributors) and sites created for our employees (or prospective employees) may also have privacy notices unique to those sites.
- Sites maintained by Miraclon subsidiaries, affiliates, and brand licensed partners, although linked to miraclon.com, have their own online privacy notices.
Your Personal Information
Miraclon’s goal in collecting personal information about you is, first, to give you a meaningful, enjoyable and personalized website experience and, second, to facilitate the development of new products and services relevant to customers like you. Personal information also allows us to provide better service to you by tailoring our communications to match your interests – deliver more of what you want and less of what you don’t want.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Explicitly Provide. In order to establish your account, register products, or to participate in various online programs offered through Miraclon, you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
- Information We Automatically Collect. We use common internet technologies such as cookies and beacons to ensure the integrity of our site and to customize portions of the site for you.
- IP Address: We analyze IP addresses in the aggregate for system administration purposes and to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to your computer’s User ID.
Customer Export Order Screening
Miraclon employs technology and uses public watch list data obtained from Descartes Systems Group to screen all export orders in compliance with US Federal and International rules and regulations regarding export controls for denied and restricted parties.
When you use our website or download our mobile apps, you may choose to allow us to obtain your precise location. We use this information to customize our response to your requests. For example, if you are searching for a theater providing film projection services, we will display the ones in your area; we may share your location with third party mapping services (e.g., Apple Maps, Google Maps) to accomplish this. We may also offer automatic (or “push”) notifications. We will provide push notifications only to those customers who opt-in to receive such notifications from us. You do not have to provide location information to us or enable push notifications to use any of our mobile apps. If you have questions about location and notification privacy, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Using Your Information
Miraclon only uses the personal information you explicitly provide to conduct business with you. This includes:
- registering you in programs
- registering products
- creating and maintaining accounts
- processing, fulfilling, and following up on orders, as applicable
- answering your e-mail
- providing news about Miraclon products, offers, software upgrades, services, tips and projects
- sending surveys
- analyzing aggregate data to increase our understanding of our customers and our ability to meet their needs
We also use this personal information to
- provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us
- understand your needs and interests
- improve our service
- personalize communications
Does Miraclon Share Your Information?
Your personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Miraclon may share your personal information as follows:
- Companies who work on our behalf: We contract with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal information. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some examples of these business support functions include order fulfillment, customer survey execution, marketing emails, and information systems management. We also may make aggregate information available to select service providers. Some of these partners may store your data outside of the European Union. In all cases, Miraclon’s contracts with these vendors require compliance with applicable laws and best practices and assesses their data protection capabilities.
- Co-branded and Partner Pages: Miraclon may share information with partner companies who jointly present special offers or promotions on co-branded pages within our site. You will be notified of this sharing when you are asked to furnish personal data on such a page. The partner’s use of any information you submit will be governed by the partner’s own privacy notice, which you can review before submitting your information
- Business Transfers: Miraclon reserves the right to transfer your personal information in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets, to the extent permitted by applicable law. If the business is sold or transferred, Miraclon will give you an opportunity to tell us not to transfer your personal information. In some cases, this may mean that the new organization will not be able to continue providing to you the services or products that Miraclon provided.
- Law Enforcement: Miraclon may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order; to cooperate with government investigations; to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of Miraclon.
Your Choices about Receiving E-mail
Miraclon may send you e-mail about your orders or your account and in response to your questions. Miraclon and its subsidiaries may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, provided you agreed to receive such e-mails in accordance with applicable law.
We will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receipt of promotional e-mail. This option applies to promotional e-mail only, as we may find it necessary to send you e-mail relating to your account, order, product or pricing changes.
Promotional e-mail that you receive from Miraclon will tell you how to decline receiving future promotional e-mail.
Protecting Your Information
Miraclon employees are trained to understand and comply with these controls, and we communicate our Online Privacy Notice, practices and guidelines to our employees. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the internet.
Some of our sites may enable you to participate in public services such as discussion boards, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal data about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal data at these sites, such as your name, member name, e-mail address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited e-mail. The services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. Miraclon cannot control the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. You may find other people’s comments to be offensive, harmful or inaccurate.
Some Miraclon websites contain links to and from other websites, such as social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Miraclon is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. Miraclon encourages you to ascertain the privacy practices of those websites.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
If you are a registered user, you can review and update your profile using your user name and password. You can also contact your Customer Service Representative.
Visitors Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our websites are designed and intended for those who are at least 18 years old. By using our websites, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a visitor’s misrepresentation of age. No one under age 13 is authorized to submit any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
You have the right under applicable law to access, correct, update, erase and block your personal information. In some circumstances, you may have the right to object to processing of your personal information. To exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Reach Us
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when using a Miraclon website, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at:
10th Floor, Bldg. 7
343 State Street
Rochester, NY 14650-0210
Miraclon’s Privacy Office will work with you to resolve any concerns you have about this Notice.
Changes to this Online Privacy Notice
Miraclon reserves the right to modify this Online Privacy Notice from time to time by posting a prominent announcement on this page or, in the event of a material change, by notifying by e-mail all customers whose personal information we have retained.